Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The multifaceted roles of antibiotics and antibiotic resistance in nature.Front Microbiol. 2013; 447
- The negative impact of antibiotic resistance.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015; 5: 416-422
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Antibiotic resistance threats in the United States, 2019. 〈https://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/biggest-threats.html〉 [Accessibility verified August 17, 2020].
- Guideline for prevention of surgical site infection, 1999. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee.Am J Infect Control. 1999; 27: 97-132
- Prevalence of surgical site infections following orthognathic surgery: a retrospective cohort analysis.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 74: 1199-1206
- Perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis in orthognathic surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical trials.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2011; 112: 19-27
- Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 69: 2650-2656
- Current evidence regarding prophylactic antibiotics in head and neck and maxillofacial surgery.Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014879437
- Antibiotic prophylaxis in orthognathic surgery: a complex systematic review.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0191161
- Prescribing antibiotic prophylaxis in orthognathic surgery: a systematic review.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014; 43: 725-731
- Limiting antibiotics when managing mandible fractures may not increase infection risk.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 74: 2008-2018
Specifications Manual for National Hospital Inpatient Quality Measures SCIP-Inf-1–10. SCIP-Inf 1: Prophylactic antibiotic received within one hour prior to surgical incision. Surgical Care Improvement Project, The Joint Commission, USA. 〈https://manual.jointcommission.org/releases/archive/TJC2010B/rsrc/Manual/MIF0110/SCIPInf1_Algorithm.pdf〉 [Accessibility verified October 28, 2020].
Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. Healthcare-associated infections. 〈https://www.cdc.gov/hai/ssi/faq_ssi.html〉 [Accessibility verified October 18, 2021].
- Perioperative morbidity and mortality in chronic alcoholic patients.Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2001; 25: 164S-170S
- Smoking and alcohol intervention before surgery: evidence for best practice.Br J Anaesth. 2009; 102: 297-306
- A systematic review of latest evidence for antibiotic prophylaxis and therapy in oral and maxillofacial surgery.Infection. 2019; 47: 519-555
- Antibiotic prophylaxis in oral and maxillofacial surgery: a systematic review.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2021; 59: 633-642